Monday 12 January 2015

Journal Jan 9, 2015


Journal January 9th, 2015

 

 

Early this morning my cousin and his dad made is safely to town with the aid of two search and rescue volunteers! Sigh of relief to know that they are both safe and sound. I think they will rest up. I’m not sure if they are still planning on going Polar bear hunting. We knew that they were safe but the fact that they were stranded due to a blizzard had everyone worried.

 

On another note, it is so nice to have the blizzard over; I’m hoping we get more of them because last winter we never had any, so there was no snow at all which made it super dry in the summer and fall. It doesn’t seem like much however it made the lakes and rivers really low. Some streams and ponds dried up, which I have noticed has happened more over the years.

 

Now that January is here I’m looking forward to the upcoming fish and hunting year. I’m so excited to go camping especially since our cabin is ready to use at Netsilik lake. I’m also excited to head out to Pangnituq lake and other surrounding lakes. This year I would really like to do some seal hunting as well.

 

This course is going well, most of the content we are doing now I have dabbled in a little in the past and the refresher is nice. I am learning more about how to use excel and paint. Which I am happy about learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment